Investing wisely in business can be complicated especially for start-ups as there could be a lot to invest to but it’s said that most return on investment (ROI) happens when you invest on employees. 30-40% of business worldwide invest for the growth and welfare of their employees. They do this to show staff appreciation that is proven to be effective in boosting their performance and ramping up business revenues.
Investing in Your Employee Welfare
Investing in your employee welfare is a top priority to most employers. But how do they choose the right staff to invest in? What are they ways to identify the best asset and ensure that it is aligned with the company’s vision and growth strategy?
1. Set career goals
- Communicate career goals with each of the employee. Ask them how they see themselves in 6-month or a year. This way, you’re showing them how you want them to achieve these goals and give them opportunities to grow and support them on track.
- You can simply identify the right staff to invest in through their set career goals. Those individuals whose goals are not for their just own welfare but also for the growth of the company are deserving of your investment as they are sure to be a trustworthy asset of your company.
2. Stretch their limits
- Challenge them by assigning special projects that will help them to build skillset for a different role. This way, you’re helping them to reach their career goals as well as set greater goals for the future.
- Challenges accepted by employees mean that they want growth and broader expertise. This means they are willing to move mountains and get involved on tasks from different roles and projects. This type of employee is a promising employee that can be worthy of acknowledgement and opportunities for growth.
3. Help them develop their skills
- Offer trainings that will boost their skills and help them acquire more knowledge. You can both use this development to reach each other’s goals.
- You can provide trainings to chosen employees or to all of them which most companies prefer to do. Seminars and conferences can be cheap when it’s availed by group. But if you want to test this out first or your company doesn’t have enough budget for this, you can choose some of the best performers in your team to represent your company. You can ask those attendees to share what they learned and be mentors of the whole team.
Through these opportunities, you can surely identify the right people most deserving of staff appreciation. The assessment doesn’t have to be complicated. You can easily identify those worthy of your investment through these simple tips.
Employees are important assets and every employer should know how to best protect them. Investing in the right staff should be a top priority for businesses but investing in the wrong individuals is a different story. Company should learn how to choose the best fit for growth opportunities who will eventually lead the company to a successful path. Remember the tips mention here in choosing who to invest your resources to.