It is surely a fascinating idea to have a dog as a pet. Now, the common breeds that you get to see in Singapore include Pomeranian, Poodle, Miniature Schnauzer, Jack Russel Terrier, Pug, Golden Retriever and Etc... Remember that if you are thinking on the lines of opting for a pet, then it will increase your responsibilities. It is vital that you should train your dog properly. The most important thing is that your dog should get proper toilet training. This is why you should try to get a puppy when it is 3 to 4 months old and training becomes a lot easier in this situation.
Understanding the Most Important Aspect of Onsite Dog Training - Potty Training
Toilet Training Your Puppy Is The Most Crucial Step of Onsite Dog Training
- Restrict the roaming area of your pet: When you begin the most important step of dog training that is toilet training, then you need to ensure that you restrict the roaming area of the dog. When the puppy learns that it has to go out of the house to defecate, then you can allow the puppy in other areas as well.
- Give food according to the regular schedule: During potty training, the puppy should be given food according to the regular meal schedule. You should not give the dog any snacks in between the meals.
- Let the dog recognize the defecation area: Now, it will take the puppy sometime to become familiar with the place where it has to defecate so you need to ensure that you take the dog to this place regularly. After sometime your pet will start to recognize the scent of this area.
- Offer frequent potty opportunities to your dog: You should make sure that you give frequency potty opportunities to your dog. You need to take it outside to defecate early morning. After that you should try to take the dog out every 30 to 60 minutes to defecate. It is also important to take the dog out to defecate after meals as well or whenever the puppy wakes up from a nap.
- Never leave your puppy alone outside when potty training: Now, when you are potty training the puppy make sure that you do not leave it outside on its own. You should accompany the puppy.
- Offer a reward system: It is important to believe in a reward system as well. When the dog is gradually learning to go outside and defecate, then you need to ensure that you give a treat to your puppy. For example, if your pet enjoys walking, then you can take it outside for a stroll.
The most important thing that you need to learn is that toilet training requires patience on your part. Moreover, you need to be persistent. If you get irked up during the process, then it will become very difficult to potty train the puppy once it grows up and this is something which you will not want at all. Remember when you dog gets toilet training, taking care of your pet will become easier and you will start to enjoy having your pet around. If you feel it is hard job for you, then you can look for onsite dog training facilities in Singapore to get the necessary help.